Tuesday, December 13, 2011

Final Details.

I'm ironing out the final details of the wedding this week as I have time. I don't really have a lot of that stuff (time) but I somehow find planning this relaxing so I have been doing it to unwind. This week I have figured out my hairstyle, makeup, and that I need a cake topper or something. At first I wanted roses on the top of the cake (real ones) but after thinking about it I would really like something special as a keepsake. Sadly for me the kind I like are all hand done so it's a little short notice to be ordering it. Perhaps I'll be able to find something this weekend here in town. Anyway, here is what I have come up with...

 I couldn't figure out if I wanted my hair up or down, messy or perfect. This messy bun is absolutely perfect. It's pretty clean and put together but has the mess added to it. Awesome. I am going for the one on the top part of this picture.

 I love smokey eyes and originally thought that's what I wanted. After purchasing a black birdcage veil I decided adding smokey eyes to that would be too dark. I'm opting for this very simple but glamourous look. Perfect foundation, fake lashes, semi-thick eyeliner, white shadow, nude lip.

 I found this idea on Pinterest and fell in love with it. What a perfect way to keep the cards that family and friends send after the wedding. Just make a cover with some thick scrap-booking paper and put some personal touches on it!

This is the most perfect cake topper ever. They are handmade from this gal on Etsy. I would totally make the male bird brown and the bride bird's flowers to match mine. Sadly, it's too late to order this since it is handmade.

Maybe we will get these for when we have our reception after Johnny gets home. Until then, I will continue to admire them online.

No comments:

Post a Comment