Wednesday, December 14, 2011

The Dress and a Couple Changes...

I found out yesterday that my dress was in early and ready for me to try on. I was on my way to St. Louis and seriously considered turning around to go get it (not really...I was going there for work). Anyway, tonight mom and I went in with my accessories and shoes! The dress fit PERFECTLY! I couldn't believe that I didn't need it altered at all. I was so happy when I tried it on. The length is perfect, the size, everything! My new thicker sash looks fantastic with it. The only thing I was disappointed about was my veil.

Earlier I mentioned I had gotten a black birdcage veil. This seemed perfect at first. Then I started thinking about how I didn't get a very traditional dress and wearing the black veil made me feel even less like a bride. So when I went in to try it on I looked around for another veil. I was worried since my dress is not white or ivory. The sales person pulled out this absolutely perfect one that was the exact length I had seen myself in and the trim on it matched my dress perfectly. What luck! I could have hugged that lady! I put the veil on and got a little teary... that was it.

This is my veil, only the trim is more of a dark ivory/champagne color instead of white. I'm in love with it!

Next was my shoes. I tried on the black ones I previously mentioned with the sparkly bows on them. I wasn't digging the shoes with everything else. I felt like it didn't match and was too much with the bows. So...I came across these beauties on Nordstrom.com and I had to have them.

Are these not absolutely the most amazing shoes you've ever seen!? I can't wait to get them! They're made by Steve Madden. They also come in black. And I am so wearing these everyday after the wedding.

I wasn't entirely sure what I wanted for jewelry on that day besides my rings and a diamond bangle I have. I found these at David's Bridal randomly and they looked really great with the color of the dress...

I'd still like another bracelet but we'll see. I like things simple.

Well, Johnny comes home in 5 days and the wedding is in 7! I can't wait!

No comments:

Post a Comment